Boys present: Rocko, Joseph, Loki, Peter, slave Eagle, Bob, boy Bammbamm, boy Maxx, Jim, Hunter, Marcus
Guests: Sir Eric, Jefferson, Nikki, Ryan, Andrew, Matt
- Shannon: hmmm…
- 10th Year Anniversary Month: Rocko thanked everyone for participating during the month of June in all the events for our anniversary. Lots of fun was had, and lots of alcohol was consumed. It was discovered that Rocko’s pool deck is quite a comfy place to fall asleep on at night.
- Pug, Pups, Boys and Pubs: we thank Pug for coming out from LA twice this month to participate in our anniversary events.
Well wishes from boys groups: we received well wishes from boy groups across the nation for making it 10 years. Thank you all.
- Donation from Justice Prevails : she donated a leather trench coat for us to do what we wish with it. Options are making patches out of it, fixing it and raffling it off to raise money to buy another batch of boy pins (we are almost out). Think about it and provide your opinions to Rocko.
- boys on Film: didn’t really happen due to all the events that was going on.
- Passwords with Ritchie Black: it was very fun and we won.
- Sir George’s Birthday Party: $780 was raised that night and everyone had a lot of fun.
- 10th Anniversary Gear Night Party: it was a great night at the bar and was very well attended. We also made Lon a Friend of the Boys; thank you Lon for all that you do.
- LA boys of Leather donated shirts: Pug from LAbL gave us all the rest of their t-shirts for our members to have. Thank you Pug.
- Absolution: Raymond, aka Sister Atopa Maytag, came out to let us know that the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence will be putting on an event the same night of the August Gear Night. They are asking for us to just show up and perhaps do a 50/50 raffle for them. If you are interested in helping out with a raffle, please let Rocko know so he can let the sisters know. For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Leather Sir/boy Contest: weekend of Dore Ally, July 26 – 29 in San Francisco. Good luck to boy Bammbamm!
- boys of Film: a poll will be up on the site so go vote for Bat Man. Plan on July 22nd.
- Gear Night: July 28 at the Anvil Bar for those not going to Dore Alley.
- Boy Bammbamm lost his mind: sigh…again? I love you Bammbamm.
- Meeting night discussion: the idea of changing the weekday of our meeting night was brought up due to a particular board member, GRRRR, who will not be available on our current day starting in September. A poll was posted to the members’ Yahoo Group so when you receive the email please vote.
- Four Corners boy Run: the presidents of Albuquerque, Salt Lake City, Denver and Phoenix boys of leather had a web conference with each other to discuss starting an annual boy run to take place in each of the four states in order to get to know the other boy clubs’ members and promote brotherhood. Our first run will take place during the Phoenix Rainbows Festival (Oct. 6 & 7). Loki will be planning on what we will be doing with them that weekend.
- Educational nights: a discussion occurred over the last month about starting an educational night to take place once a month during our regularly scheduled coffee nights. It would be a roundtable discussion and would cover one topic a month. The topic will be decided at the meeting night before the topic night. The members voted yes and Bammbamm will be running the first topic which will cover protocol; it will take place on July 19. Please come out and talk about what protocol means to you.
- Boys on Your Side: Jim and his late boy friend started a national boy resource website at www.boysonyourside.com. Loki has volunteered to help him get that back up and running. Thanks Jim and Loki.
- Mr. Friendly Arizona: Loki, as Mr. Phoenix Leather 2012, has applied for and received a chapter for Phoenix for the Mr. Friendly campaign, which is a national HIV awareness project. Loki’s first event will be posted as soon as he has a date finalized. For more info on Mr. Friendly, visit www.mrfriendly.info
- Country Western Night at Anvil: the first night will be this Saturday, July 7th but will then occur every Sunday after that as a way to get country western leather men into the bar. If you enjoy country western music, put on your shit kickers and come on out.
New Member Voting
Loki nominated Nikki and a majority voted to make her a member. We welcome Nikki as our newest member of the Phoenix boys of Leather.
– Marcus (aka, pup mohawk)